Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Simple Things....

I don't know about any of you, but as I have gotten older it seems that sometimes the simplest things make me smile.

 I could hardly wait for my lilacs to bloom this year, because, well.... they make me smile.

I know, cheesy, but I love flowers.
I especially love it when my favorite color of rose blooms the same time as my lilacs, which doesn't happen too often, but this year they are spectacular!!!



My only wish is that they bloomed longer, but maybe that is part of the appeal, to know that they will only be around a short while....

I hope you can find the beauty in the simple things in life....
To find that "something simple" that makes you smile!!
Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. I so agree with your lovely posting, Sandi! It is the simple things in life that bring so much happiness. My hydrangeas always put a smile on my face! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, YOUR hydrangeas put a smile in my face too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are thos lilacs in your shop??/ I may need to come by just to smell the if they are:) They are my FAVORITE flowers...and I missed them this year!!! Your post made me smile:):)

    Take Care,

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are heavenly! I don't think you are cheesy at all. I think you have your priorities straight. Give me a garden of tulips and daffodils, birds at the birdfeeder and a squirrel who will run to me for peanuts, and I'm very happy. You are right...the simpler things are better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are sooo pretty ! Central California always has gorgeous roses ~ every time I come visit I smell tons of roses and lavender ~
    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can definitely relate to this! glad to have found your blog via remnants of the past. i will be checking out your previous posts. have a great day! verbena cottage

    ReplyDelete