Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Project


I've had this small cupboard door laying around for quite sometime. I stumbled across it the other day while looking in my "pile" for a quick project. I actually think it maybe one of the last things left from my Round Top trip a couple of years ago. This week it seems that anything I hang up, goes out the door, not that I'm complaining mind you, but it sometimes is a challenge keeping up with affordable, interesting wall art.

Sooooo.....with some rusty hooks, french postcard paper, and my trusty decoupage glue, away I went! I really enjoy creating things like this and I just don't have the time to do it as often as I would like. My gosh I don't think I've decoupaged anything since maybe, mmmm.. the eight grade? This was so much fun and quick. I maybe on a roll...more gluing to come I think!!!
Next time I will try and remember to take a before picture, I just got so excited I forgot!
So it's hung and ready to go home with someone.
(By the way, the postcard paper is available here at The Cottage as well )

1 comment:

  1. Its FABULOUS!!!!! I love it!!! I definately will have to get some of that paper...I am forcing myself to paint all weekend..I am refinishing to pieces of furniture I bought..and I just filled by booth.. will take pictures soon and post..Oh did you ever get copies made of your french script paper..you were thinking of selling...I have a funiture piece that I want to line the inside with this paper... Let me know! Love the new look of your blog! Marlene

    ReplyDelete